
Adam had a plan. He wanted to purpose at the Van Andel Museum, because that's where we had my senior prom (and he was my date). But he wasn't sure how to get me there, so he enlisted the help of my good friend Anna, and his good friend Aaron. They are about the same age and single, so he told me it would be fun for them to meet, and maybe date, so we would go to the Museum and if they couldn't thing of anything to talk about they could at least talk about the exhibits. They were both in on this and weren't really planning on even trying to date. (for the record they aren't)
So we planned to go on a Saturday. So called to make sure how late they would be open and online it said 8:00, and when he called they said 8:00. He that it would be cool if it was night and had the nightlights in the background. We walked around Woodland for a bit, ate, then headed to the Museum, when we got there about 4:50, and we pulled into the parking ramp and the guy working there said "are you going to the Museum," we said "yes," he said "they were closing in about 10 minutes." Adam just sat there wondering what to do (today he said it felt like a donkey kicked him in the stomach). Luckily Anna said that she would still really like to go to the Museum so maybe we could try next weekend. We all agreed and on the car ride back, I was sitting in the back with Anna, and said "I guess the dream I had won't come true," Adam asked "What was the dream" I said about a week ago I had a dream that you asked me to marry you at a Museum." (today Adam told me it felt like a donkey kicked in the face).
So today we went to the Museum again, with Anna and Aaron. I wondered if Adam was going to but I thought if he was going to he would have done it on the first floor where prom was so when he didn't, I just assumed it wasn't happening today. So thing were fine but Anna had a bad headache and when we sat down and she put her head down I told her we were taking her home when she felt up to walking. At that point Adam was thinking "Okay I'll take Anna and Aaron home, just have a good day with Amy and purpose" But I said that I would go and hang out with Anna and Aaron could hang out with Adam. At that point Adam was thinking "Crap I'm going to have to post pone it again" but Anna being the awesome trooper she is said no she was fine that she wanted to see the third floor because that was her favorite with all the animals, so we agreed.
So when we were done with the third floor, at the top of the stairs there was a sign, Adam was reading it and I walked up behind him and hugged him, I let go and he pulled me around the window that over looked GR, and the river, and he hugged me. I thought he was just trying to make up for the jokes he had been saying. He told me he loved me and when he told me that the past four years have been wonderful, I dropped my purse because I realized what he was doing, he got down on one knee and pulled out the ring and asked me to marry him. 
I was so excited, obviously I said yes, and yes I did cry :')
Posted by
Creatively Odd

0 comments:
Post a Comment