I figure flowered cakes are as good as any to start with. They can be real flowers, silk/plastic flowers, or flowers made from fondant. Fondant is "A sweet creamy sugar paste used in candies and icings." It is a smoother way to cover a cake, the cakes above are all done with fondant as the icing. Personally as nice as it looks, I am not 'fond' of the taste of it (sorry for the pun).
Some wedding cakes (as seen above) are done by piping frosting into a design.
Some cakes are very unquie, bear in mind basicially all wedding cakes are unquie in some way or another. The 1st on the left is a cake made from snacks, like swiss cake rolls. The 2nd from the left is a space ship, who ever said your wedding cake had to look like a wedding cake. The middle cake, the outside is covered in m&ms. The 2nd on the right, is a beach themed cake, the "sand" is brown sugar. Who said that you can only have flowers on a cake, the 1st on the right has fruit instead.
Another fun way to do wedding cakes is to have wedding cupcakes. You can do some very interesting ways of displaying it, as seen above. You don't have to pay for someone to cut the cake to pass out.
If I was a princessy type of girl this would be my wedding cake. But I am not a princessy type of girl (but that is a very cool cake), Adam and I will be eating something very different. We will either do cupcakes or costco cakes for the guests, but Adam and I will be eating pie.
Yes that is correct pie, to be specific my aunts apple pie (no one makes a pie like she does). Adam doesn't like cake, he likes red velvet but I like the idea of wedding pie instead of wedding cake. We could always add a whip cream pattern on top to make it seem like it might be a wedding cake.
Oh and an update on wedding 'cake' toppers. Adam didn't like any of my cake topper top picks. He likes the basic, bride next to groom.
Another update the colors are royal blue and forest green (instead of teal). Adam will have a forest green vest and tie, with a white rose as a boutonniere with both colors in it as well.
Posted by
Creatively Odd

0 comments:
Post a Comment