
I know I said a cake one would be next but I decided to type about the Bridal Show I went to on February 19, I am specific on the date because most likely this is posted on a different date. Originally I was against going to a Bridal Show, I knew where I wanted to get my dress, what I was going to eat, and where I was going to eat it. But things change and my original idea won't work because I will be doing it on short notice, if I get the date that I want. But I decided what they hey, I'll go to one. So naturally I dragged Anna along to carry everything :D
It was alot smaller than what I was expecting. It cost $6 but Anna rocks and found $1 off coupons online. Parking was $7 (even though we would have been better off just getting the stub to pay for the time we used, I will explain further). But first we pulled into a parking building that said "Event Parking 7.50," the show started at 5 but the guy in the booth told us we couldn't park there until after 6 (that the time the bank closes that is near by), so why put the event sign out if you can't park there yet, I'm not the only one that make that mistake. So we parked at the one next door. It was a little farther than I hoped.
At this point I should probably mention that I am on crutches. I had knee surgery in January and still have to wear an immobilizer but I am able to put pressure on it. I know, I know, what the heck am I thinking going to a Bridal Show where you have to walk around when you are on crutches. I had been getting around with 1 crutch but because I knew we would be doing a bit of walking I used 2. So as we are crossing the street there it said to stop for pedestrians, Anna starts making me laugh, I don't remember why but I couldn't stop laughing, and I was trying not to fall. Below is the path to get to the bridal show, starting at the bottom of the picture, near the road. The regular blue is the first floor and the light blue is the second floor. After we got out tickets we took the evelator to the upstairs (the escalator seemed like not the brightest of ideas). We had to go to the 2nd floor to get to the bridal show because part of the boat show was in the grand gallery area. I was annoyed that they didn't just block off a path to take over there, but then again I wouldn't have been as annoyed if I wasn't on crutches. So then we had to take the elevator back down to the 1st floor to get to the show (pink dot).
The inside set up for getting to the room with the Bridal Show was even farther than what I wanted, the distance it took to get there was more than doing a lap around the booths. There was also a boat show going on. Below is what the set up kind of looked like, it isn't exact, especially when it comes to the number of booths but it gives you a general idea.
There was a spa booth for Beauticontrol. They were very nice. We got a free hand treatment with sea salt and oils that we rubbed on our hands, they pours water to rinse it off then gave us lotion to seal it in. It felt so good. They actually would come to your house to for in home spa treatments.
There were only 3 places that were offering samples. I was disappointed with the options of cake, but I did get some very good red pepper humus with a pita chip. I won't go too much into catering now, I'll save that for a different place. I will mention 1 though, Reflections Catering, www.reflectionscateringbyalex.com. He is very nice, and told me that even if it wasn't on the menu he would make whatever I wanted and take it to where ever I wanted, he has been all over the state for catering.
There were a few different DJ's there, we stopped at 2 of them. The first one was really cool, his name was Bill and he was from Sound Productions, www.soundproductions.com. He was funny and friendly and is a top pick for my DJ. Sound Productions also offer a party bus, hidden camera (of the dance floor), bubbles, keepsake portrait video, confetti, photo booth, LED lights, and a fog machine. The second one was a pain. I would avoid him as a DJ, he is from Complete Music Dis Jockey Service. I didn't really feel like a long story, all I wanted was a booklet, so I get a booklet thanked him, and turned to go and he stopped me to push me to put a deposit down, even though I don't have a set date (and he knows that) we say we aren't going to so we thank him again turn to leave, he stops us yet again to try to get us to make an appointment. I get that he is trying to get us to have him as my DJ but it was the pushy annoying sale. When you are selling stuff if you shouldn't push to annoyance, and if you do you should have the common sense to back off. He obviously didn't. If he didn't push and be annoying I would have suggested him for my sister. I am going to tell her about the first one he was awesome. He and the cute younger guy helping him (who said he would dance with Anna) invited us to go to the BOB after the bridal show. Sadly we declined, if I wasn't on crutches I might have dragged Anna there, but probably not, the only time we hang out in bars is after a show to watch fellow cast members make fools of themselves with karaoke.
We were there for about an hour. (there I explained) so we didn't stay for the fashion show, we would have had to wait around for over an hour to do so. But there was some "models" I say it like that because they were actually real people wearing dresses and tuxes, from Men's Warehouse, Davids Bridal and there was a stand that had about 8 dresses on mannequins to view. It probably would have been cheaper to pay for the time used in parking building oh well. It was still a fun experience but honestly I think I would have had more fun at the boat show. I did get some good stuff out of it.
Posted by
Creatively Odd

0 comments:
Post a Comment