When I say smartly priced, what I really mean is cheap and that isn't always a bad thing. There are some very nice dresses at Goodwill. If you know where to look and how to haggle you can get some very nice used dresses.

Before I type a little more about Goodwill dresses I would like to type about Anna (maid of honor) she also has a blog www.charactress.blogspot.com which she uses to blog about her theatre experiences (I am totally hooked on it) and part of her blog was about how she was Cinderella in well, Cinderella.

Back to Goodwill, she found a wedding dress that she was going to try to use in Cinderella, but the costumer was a moron and said no but the dress is GORGEOUS and she looked fabulous in it.

(taken from her blog, a post title "Cinderellas Ball Gown")
"I got the cashier to take the price down from $79.99 to $24.99. I showed her the zipper (which has come undone a bit at the bottom), a few stains (just some darker places in the fabric that will come out if I dry clean it), and a couple places where there are beads coming loose. Since I'm a seamstress, I can fix all of these things easily. The cashier who helped me wouldn't let me have it for anything less than $50, but the next cashier over came over and asked what I was requesting, and then said, "oh, give it to her for $25." So, the cashier grudgingly gave it to me for $24.99. Thank you, other saleswoman!"

That is a great price, even if she didn't know how to fix it herself she would still be spending less than $100 for the overall dress. And unless you know it most dresses you can tell they came from Goodwill. Anna loves costumes so naturally she has more than one wedding dresses from Goodwill, shown below the first 3 on the left are the 'Cinderella' dress the one on the right she has used to be Gisela from Enchanted on Halloween and in a play called Plaza Suite.



I am really starting to like JC Pennys, they have some very nice stuff and some very good prices. In a previous post 'The "Mini Me" ' about flowers girls there are some very cute flower girl dresses all under $50.

Below is a wedding dress option from there, only $99, yes that is right $99. It is simple yet elegant, and if they have it in store I want to try it on. Another reason I like the swirl is of the beading is that it is like the swirl on my engagement ring.

And below is the oddly similar part. They have the colors and length I want a bridesmaid dress in. It is the same pattern as the bridal gown above, expect a short version and in color. And they are only $89. (If you click on the picture you can see an enlarged version)

Not only do they have the colors that I like for the bridesmaids, they have a dinner dress. Not every women but quite a few have a different dress that they wear while they eat. For good reason I might add, I can be sloppy and I don't want to risk slopping on WHITE dress. So whatever dress I wear to the rehearsal dinner will be the dress I will at the actual dinner. Of course I would change again before the dance, and I will add that I will be eating cake (in my case apple pie, that will be discussed later) in my wedding dress. Below are the options I would go with if I went with the dresses above.

I think I would lean toward the purple more than the black. I am considereing having a few of my bridesmaids try it on just to see how it looks. Now I am saying this will be my wedding dress, in all likely hood it won't but I thought the idea of dresses being similar was interesting.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About this blog

This blog is about the Adventures of Plans for the future.

Followers